Wednesday, May 26, 2010

on the 21st of May

 Rock in Rio Lisboa
Ivete Sangalo

John Mayer

Shakira
(you might not recognize her, I was too far from her)
Yes, I was there!

But I got there late so, unfortunalety, I didn't get the chance to hear Mariza perform.

Ivete Sangalo, as always, was very sweet to the audience and a force of nature when it comes to sing and dance - all at the same time. This is a singer that can get you to jump, up and down, even if you're having stomach ache.

And at last Mr. Mayer decided to pay a visit to his Portuguese fans. I surely hope those two hours were enough to change his mind when, in the future, he set on another European tour. His concert really changed my idea about live perfomances. I'm much fonder of them now, especially after hearing his guitar solo on 'Gravity' - it is way cooller than the album version!

Shakira? I must confess I do like Shakira a lot, but not when she is perfoming live. No sir.


No comments: