Monday, February 15, 2010

imprints



influenced by the recent TV series DollHouse, I've started using this new word (imprint) whenever I write or think in English. that and some other reflection propelled by the almost-insidious but mostly unexciting hours riding a bus to-and-fro Amarante and Lisbon, got me to this conclusion:

films - not only a big entertainment industry, they represent a means of influencing people into doing things, whether it be wanting to buy the car the hero in that film owned, go out to Starbucks because that cup of latte looked sooo yummy or even go and volunteer in an NGO just for the sake of it. 

more than that, films also have this way of getting into your skin, much like music, people and love.

I have a soft spot for romantic comedies and I do know that my taste in films is not what you consider, well, for the lack of another word, tasteful. so yes, I haven't yet been able to say that that-particularly-Oscar-awarded-film impressed me or that it-is-so-good-you-have-to-see-it.

but when it comes to love, by now, I can refer to, at least, two films which don't seem to stop impressing me and imprinting in my mind, my beliefs - my feelings - their message.

even though I've seen them quite some times and albeit knowing my tastes rarely resemble that of my friends, it does not hurt to try and influence some more souls for my cause.

the films in question:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eu gosto da palavra imprints!!! e aparece bue agora no CSI, no SCNSCI( ou la como akilo se chama lol)...é uma palavra pa tudo o que é imagem, ta se bem eheheh