Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ai Jaime Jaime...!

Jamie Cullum @ Coliseu dos Recreios - Lisboa

Where's the replay button?
Seriously, where's the replay button?!

I could use one right now. So that I could just hear and see one more time, Jamie Cullum live, a capella, jumping up and down, stumbling after receiving a flower bouquet, saying he was 'bewildered' by the gesture.
True I'm nearsighted AND I was a bit far from the stage but we could hear Jamie loud and clear! I must say I never quite imagined an artist could go so far while performing live. But Jamie or as Márcia said 'Jaime' (our Portuguese name translation) promissed we would have a good time and we did. I think It's safe to say that the entire Coliseu agrees with me. Not only he sang new songs from his latest album, he also performed past hits, most of them with a twist.
My heart went to 'Photograph', 'Frontin' (Jamie did a one-man-show with this one!), 'These Are The Days', 'Cry Me a River' and 'Mixtape'. AHHH! Also, 'Gran Torino', truly the Oscar-material!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosto do relato em inglês, digno de reportagem nuam qualquer revista musical, mas esqueceste do momento ray charles, I got a woman, e do kick out com o contrabaixo, esta portuguesa ainda te diz mais, Jaime só ha um é o Colume e má nenhum.. Márcia