Tuesday, February 18, 2014

not sure if I enjoyed this lesson as much as the others

so, last year I took an online course and, at the time, I did a lot of thinking and posting about it. this particular post got stuck behind. because it is difficult to explain.

try to consider it little like a heads-up, which, is always something to make us think.

on week 4 of the Coursera online course about Irrationality, Dan told us something about Labor and Motivation (name of the themes being discussed) and the thing is Motivation (everyone knows, but everyone keeps forgetting) is key in EVERYTHING. and if by any chance your motivation is damaged (work, life, sports, family, cooking, love, etc.), you will feel ashamed. and who wants to feel ashamed?
anyone?
I didn't think so either.

also, Dan told that we are overly committed to our ideias.
which is good when you have a new project and you want it to succeed.
only by being overly committed to their ideas, can one endure and surpass every obstacle that gets in the way. the thing is, what if your motivation gets destroyed somehow?
see the circle?

so, back to the beginning.
not sure if I enjoyed this lesson as much as the others.
but, Motivation, I do respect you.

and Dan,
Overly committed to my ideas? OF COURSE I AM.
That’s why I secretly think my blog is the best, even though, consciously I know it is just a blog barely surfacing the area that is its platform (Internet).

feel free to watch the intro video about the course.
it will start again on the 11th of March.


No comments: